Monday, October 10, 2011

Dubstep

So I have been into the Dubstep Genre for a while now, since before Skrillex. Back when it was a small group of DJs from London and the rest of the UK. I have seen it grow, and I am proud of that. I am glad i got to watch it gain popularity. But then we get to the bad thing. Look at Hip-Hop. It used to be good, back in the 80s and 90s. Now we have New Boyz. Jay-Z and Kanye West are the only modern Hip Hop guys I can stand. I mean Skrillex has ruined dubstep for me. I first listened to Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites last year, thought it was good. Then I heard Ruffneck bass and Equinox. Terrible. If Dubstep becomes the next hip-hop, in ten years or more I fear what will be on the radio. Dubstep is supposed to be dark, deep, and low on the sounds. Not too many higher pitched noises. A good dubstep song should be long, five minutes at least. And huge amounts of bass that need good headphones or speakers to hear. Most people aren't going to have those, and so the Corporation-ized dubstep will have less bass, shorter times, and too much vocals. Be glad this is about as hipster as I get.

No comments:

Post a Comment