Saturday, October 8, 2011

Halloween, Wall Street, and Phantogram

Hello again. This is your favorite blogger that has a following just of whoever sees this on buzz. Seriously. If anyone doesn't see this post through my buzz account, please post a comment. So Halloween is a few weeks away, and Halloween is by far my favorite of holidays.

 I mean come on. Its fun. You have kids going out to trick or treat, people going to parties. The creativity is beautiful. I personally think some of my best early childhood memories are of trick or treating. I remember one time I went trick or treating by a three level house, which had music playing along with sound effects. The three levels had different lighting, along with props. I mean that house was AWESOME! Ironically, they weren't home during it, but they had left candy out. Yay sugar. Now as much as I like Halloween, I must also say that it has been a bit too commercialized. The other day, Chips ahoy had special "haunted" cookies. Really? And even I work at a haunted house, but this is different because it is family owned and the guy who owns it is really nice. You can check out the link here:
http://www.facesofphobia.com/
I didn't create the website.

Secodnly, we move on to some protests. No not more middle eastern, although you should check out what is going on in Bahrain. No I speak of course of the Wall Street takeover. My favorite protests. These protests are an amalgamation of people from all sides of the left wing and even a few right wingers. They seem to be protesting everything, which I say good. The entirety of the US needs a complete overhaul. Maybe we should hire Apple to make the iGovernment or iMerica. Too bad Steve has died. Rest in Peace Steve, you have made a huge impact on the world. It is the end of an era with your death. Anyways, the majority of this is to protest corporations and how they influence the Government. Which they do. Lobbyists prevent any regulations from being passed. The environment and consumer pay for that. Taxes are lower on the corporations and wealthy, which is wrong when a student has to go into debt to get a good education after high school. The welfare system is broken in this country. Too many people for too long. Better healthcare is still needed, a Government-run option would be great. Everywhere you look, America is falling apart, literally in some cases, as our infrastructure is worse than that of Mexico, especially in the southern and Midwest states. Our economy and environment are terrible, all because any good strong piece of legislation in congress is shot down by lobbied Republicans, and a few pussy-assed Democrats. Don't even get me started on the cops.

Finally, we move on to music. Not really sure what to call this genre, probably Indie, but it really has more of an older feel to it. Heard this on WRNX, found this accidentally after I listened to Phantogram, which I found after listening to Nero. With 21,000 views, I thought I'd give it another 5 views. The song name is Loud N Proud, by Scoundrels. Just listen to this song:
http://youtu.be/O2WQ_DusbKs

No comments:

Post a Comment