Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Sampling - Another Rant

Ok, so I guess today is the time for blog posts that are texts. I just wanted to show you a few songs. Three to be exact. I have my opinions, you may have yours. The following songs are all done by artists, except for the one by flo rida. They all have the same sample, but go in very different directions

Ok. So this is the first one. It is by Swedish house producer Avicii. I personally love this song. But the sample in this is Etta James. You may recognize the lyrics from a Flo Rida song, which I'll get to. I heard this and was like, a good house song, I might by it. There are remixes by Skrillex, Rameses B, and Amazed, if you want dubstep, drum and bass, and hardstyle, respectively. He also has another song, although I think it may not be the actual name, called level two. There are soo many remixes.

Then there is Flo Rida's version. Initially, I actually thought he had sampled Avicii, but in his version the melody for Avicii is in there but not up front and in the synth. More acoustic in this version, which I already hate it when acoustic is used in pop music. This version, the vocal from Etta James is mre raspy for some reason.
Warning: Video of Flo Rida is here for informative uses only. Watch/Listen at your own risk.

Finally, is one of the songs I recently discovered. It is by Pretty Lights, and has the same sample. This one however, is more like the original, although electric and not as upbeat. This has the sample chopped up, but not in the skrillex way, in a sloppier, more relaxed way. This is in the direction of the Glitch Mob or Com Truise. Or awesomeness. I like the last word.
Did i mention this one is free?
For informative purposes, here is the original song too:

No comments:

Post a Comment